THE COTTAM WILL TRUST
Aims/priorities: Grants are available for the purchase of works of art to be placed in medieval churches in England and Wales for the advancement of religion. Funding is intended to be used for the purchase of works of art to be placed in medieval churches. Grants can be made for items such as: bells, statues, murals, paintings, paschal candlesticks, vestments, Commandment Boards, stained glass, altars and altar frontals. Although grants are normally made for new works of art, the purchase of salvaged items has also been funded.
Who can apply? Anyone in England or Wales can apply for a grant but applications tend to come from Parochial Church Councils (PCC). The artists themselves, with the backing of the PCC, are also eligible to apply.
Grant amount: Funding is at the discretion of the Trustees. Both large and small grants are available. From time to time grants of up to £20,000 have been awarded.
Application process: Applications should be made in writing and include the following:
- Drawings or photos of the item and its proposed location
- An explanation of how the proposal is considered to meet the criteria of the Cottam Will Trust
- Copies of the last two audited accounts of the PCC
- An indication that the proposal either has a faculty or is likely to earn one
- An idea of how much the applicant expects to contribute
Deadline: Applications may be submitted at any time and are considered quarterly
Contact information: Tel: 020 7236 3934 Email: [email protected]