We admire these smaller groups for their passion and determination to make a difference and by providing some funding, we help these groups become sustainable or expand their work.
All the charitable fundraising from the Experian staff in house is donated to the Heart of Experian Charity Fund. Every quarter its Trustees meet to look at the applications received from small organisations throughout the UK.
In order to be eligible for an award projects/organisations should meet most or all of the following criteria. Failure to meet a number of the criteria won’t necessarily preclude you from being awarded a grant but it will make it less likely. If these criteria are met or largely met your application will then be assessed on its merits.
Your organisation, and project, must meet these conditions:
- You must be a school, a charity or a community group, but not a national charity.
- Your project must require funding of £5,000 or less from the Charity Fund.
- Your project must have a charitable purpose. If you are unsure if you meet this condition, see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/charitable-purposes
- Your project must benefit the community as a whole and not support individuals.
- If we make a donation, it must make your organisation, or the project itself, more sustainable.
- You must agree to provide a report on your project within 6 months of completion of the project.
Full details and application form at http://www.charityfund.org.uk/grant-criteria