Grants are available for organisations in the UK who want to build their capacity or achieve strategic change in order to improve the management of heritage in the long term.
The Resilient Heritage scheme is administered and provided by the Heritage Lottery Fund. Projects should make a difference to people, heritage and communities in the UK.
Heritage includes many different things from the past that is valued and that people want to pass on to future generations, including:
- Archaeological sites.
- Collections of objects, books or documents in museums, libraries or archives.
- Cultural traditions such as stories, festivals, crafts, music, dance and costumes.
- Historic buildings.
- Histories of places and events.
- The heritage of languages and dialects.
- Natural and designed landscapes and gardens.
- People’s memories and experiences (often recorded as ‘oral history’).
- Places and objects linked to industrial, maritime and transport history.
- Natural heritage including habitats, species and geology.
Specifically, the Resilient Heritage fund exists to support organisations in the UK who want to build their capacity or achieve strategic change in order to improve the management of heritage in the long term.
Application Deadline: 18 January