We are looking for Trustees to join our Board to build on our success to date and strengthen the organisation to ensure we are providing maximum impact for our clients. We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference, who has empathic and people-centric qualities, ideally with experience of the UK asylum system and understanding of the issues and barriers that asylum seekers and refugees face.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fulfilling duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity
- Acting as an ambassador for the charity.
- Working with the Chair to periodically review SWAP’s charitable purposes and the environment in which it works to ensure the charity remains relevant and valid.
- We welcome applications from all backgrounds but are particularly interested in hearing from people with legal, campaigning or HR experience and who have networks of influential contacts who would be able to support the charity.
- Trustees need to be able to commit to attending approximately 10 Board and subgroup meetings annually.
If you would like to apply, or if you know someone who would like to apply, please email [email protected] for an application form.