Mustard Tree’s work impacts the lives of thousands of people every year, who are the most vulnerable and hard to engage with groups in society.
As Mustard Tree grows, they are now looking for three new trustees to help ensure they fulfil their duties to beneficiaries, deliver their vision and mission, and sustainably grow for the future.
There is an expectation that Trustees will:
• Regularly attend and contribute to Board meetings
• Commit and participate actively in any Board and sub-committee work
• Prepare well for meetings; reviewing and commenting on reports and papers
• Have a passion for and interest in matters relating to alleviating poverty, marginalisation and homelessness
• Play an active role in setting strategic direction, and in the governance of the organisation
• Embody Mustard Tree’s values and mission
As a trustee your obligations will be to:
• Ensure the organisation complies with its governing documents, charity law, company law and regulations
• Ensure the organisation pursues its objects as defined in governing documents
• Ensure the organisation is using resources in a sustainable and appropriate manner
• Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation
• Protect the reputation and stability of the charity
• Monitor and hold senior management to account
• Maintain an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
You will have a strong empathy with Mustard Tree’s mission and values, and will want to inspire people to change lives for those who are impacted by homelessness and marginalisation. You will have a proven track record of sound judgement and decision making in your field, together with (ideally) experience of operating on (or within) a charitable board, public sector or commercial organisation. Mustard Tree has its roots in the Christian tradition and you should be comfortable with that.
courtesy of MACC E Bulletin 10 Aug 2018 – 10:29 by michelle.foster for more information about this post visit https://www.manchestercommunitycentral.org/news/mustard-tree-are-recruiting-3-trustees