ACE is a small local charity providing community based education and training, in both Wigan and Leigh, for people with learning disabilities. We are seeking new Trustees with vision, a passion for education and enthusiasm for supporting our charity.
The role is voluntary with reimbursement of expenses and requires attendance at monthly meetings. If you would like to apply, please email the Chair (link), who will send you a short application form.
· To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in ensuring that the Charity has a firm strategic direction, clear overall policy, agreed objectives and targets, and monitoring and evaluating performance against those objectives and targets.
· To ensure, with professional advice as appropriate, that ACE complies with all constitutional, legal, regulatory and statutory requirements.
· To monitor the effective and efficient management and administration of ACE (including the employment, management and welfare of all staff).
· To safeguard the name and values ACE.
· To ensure that trustees comply with a code of conduct and register Conflicts of Interests, and that there are mechanisms for the removal of trustees who do not abide by the trustee code of conduct.
· To act reasonably and prudently in all matters relating to ACE and always in the interests of ACE.
· To ensure that ACE’s financial obligations are met and that there are adequate financial controls in place to ensure all money due is received and properly applied, and that all assets and liabilities are recorded.
Qualities and Skills
· Capacity for clear, creative and strategic thinking and vision.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· A willingness to speak their mind.
· Analytical ability and good independent judgement.
· Understanding and acceptance of the role of a Board of Trustees for a charity (including the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship).
· A willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort to attend Board and other meetings.