It has been announced that the COVID-19 booster programme will be starting shortly.
Here is what you need to know.
Boosters will be given to people who were in the first priority group, this includes:
• Those living in residential care homes for older adults
• All adults aged 50 years or over
• Frontline health and social care workers
• All those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe Covid-19), and eligible adult carers
• Adults living with people who are immunosuppressed
It will be given a minimum of 6 months after your 2nd dose.
If you check your vaccine dates, this may give you an idea of when you will become eligible (if it’s not been 6 months yet).
It will take the NHS time to get through people who will be offered a booster. Locally, we will work through the priority list and offer to those greatest at risk, moving down the age groups as we did before.
We would ask that you please don’t contact your GP practice about this.
Please be assured that you will be invited when the NHS is able to offer you an appointment.
Keep an eye on our page for further information and updates or visit our FAQs – https://healthierwigan.nhs.uk/covid-19-vaccination-faqs/