Round 2 now open for applications
This £4.9 million programme to tackle unemployment launched in April 2019 with backing from the European Social Fund. Round two is now open until 16 October, 12pm.
The funds have been granted by the government’s Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) in partnership with Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership to the WEA (Workers’ Educational Association), an adult education charity which provides training and learning opportunities for people at risk of exclusion.
Over the next two years, the charity will help thousands of people who face additional barriers in the workplace, such as lone parents, improve their employability and gain permanent employment.
The WEA will distribute small grants of £20,000 across Greater Manchester to eligible organisations in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector between April 2019 and May 2021. Funded activities will target those aged 16 and over, from the hardest to reach communities.
The funding can help all who are out of work but especially those that:
- are homeless or at risk of being homeless
- have low or no qualifications
- lack literacy and numeracy skills
- are lone parents
- have disabilities, learning difficulties or health conditions
- are women
- are from ethnic minorities
- are aged over 50
Interested applicants can attend the following workshops for more information about the fund:
- Bolton: 17 September, 10am, Bolton Hub/Bolton CVS, BL1 1LS
- Oldham: 17 September, 2pm, Action Together, OL1 1LF
- Trafford: 18 September, 11am, Limelight, 1 St Brides Way, Stretford, M16 9NW
- Manchester: 19 September, 10.30am, GMCVO/St Thomas Centre, M12 6FZ
- Bury: 19 September, 2pm , Bury VCFA/St Johns House, BL9 0ND
- Wigan and Leigh: 25 September 11am, The Museum of Wigan Life, 41 Library Street, WN1 1NU
- Tameside: 26 September, 11am, Age UK, 131 Katherine Street, Ashton OL6 7AW
- Rochdale: 27 September, 11am, The Strand Hub, 17 The Strand, Rochdale OL11 2JG
- Stockport: 27 September, 2pm, Cornerstone/Stockport Homes, SK1 3NQ
For further information and to apply, visit: www.wea.org.uk/greater-manchester-esf-community-grants-2019-2021, or contact the ESF Grants Team on 0782 482 1915 or email: [email protected]
courtesy of MACC e bulletin 13 Sep 2019 – 10:49 by michelle.foster