New Funeral Guidance
Further guidance for those managing or organising funerals during the coronavirus pandemic was issued yesterday. The guidance aims to ensure that bereaved people are treated with sensitivity, dignity and respect, while protecting individuals, communities and those in the funeral industry from the risk of infection.
The advice includes:
• Those who have symptoms of coronavirus Covid-19 must not attend and must stay at home
• Limiting the numbers in attendance to as low as possible to ensure safe social distancing. Numbers can be determined by the size and circumstance of the venue
• Observing social distancing guidance across all aspects of attending a funeral
• People who are extremely clinically vulnerable (shielded) can attend with measures put in place to reduce their risk
• People self-isolating because someone in their household is ill may attend if they do not have symptoms themselves