Aims/priorities: The Improving Lives funding priorities are part of the wider grant making strategy launched in October 2017. There are six priority areas. These priorities describe what the Charity want to fund and how they want to bring about change for the most disadvantaged people in greatest need.
- Help at a Critical Moment – Helping people to rebuild their lives following a crisis, critical moment, trauma or abuse
- Positive Choices – Helping people, whose actions or behaviours have led to negative consequences for themselves and others, to make positive choices
- Accommodation / Housing Support – Enabling people to work towards or maintain accommodation
- Employment and Training – Supporting people to move towards or gain employment
- Financial Inclusion, Rights and Entitlements – Supporting people to overcome their financial problems and ensure that they are able to claim their rights and entitlements
- Support Networks and Family – Working with people to develop improved support networks and family relationships
Who can apply? Primarily funds registered charities but are willing to make grants to other types of not for profit organisations, such as Community Interest Companies (CICs) or constituted community groups if they can explain how they would use our funding for charitable purposes
Grant amount: Grants of between £20,000 and £60,000 per year are available. Funding for up to three years is available. The Charity will not consider making a grant that is equivalent to more than 50% of the annual running costs of an organisation. Applications for continuation funding will be considered.
Application process: Applications forms and detailed guidance notes can be found on the Henry Smith Charity’s website. The completed application form should be submitted by post.
Deadline: Applications can be submitted at any time and are assessed as they are received
Contact information: Tel: 020 7264 4970 Post: The Henry Smith Charity, 6th Floor, 65 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 2AD