Aims/priorities: Sport England is committed to the creation of a world-leading community sport system. This means focusing our investment on organisations and projects that will grow and sustain participation in grassroots sport and create opportunities for people to excel at their chosen sport.
In addition to our investment in key partners to deliver specific objectives, we have funding programmes open to a wide range of organisations.
- sports clubs
- voluntary or community organisations
- local authorities
- schools, colleges and universities
The Sport England Small Grants Programme has been set up to support local community sport projects which seek to increase participation, sustain participation or develop opportunities for people to excel at their chosen sport.
Who can apply: Small Grants can fund formally constituted not-for-profit organisations and statutory bodies. This might include sports clubs, voluntary organisations, local authorities, schools or governing bodies of sport.
We will not fund an individual, sole trader or partnership, organisations established to make profit or organisations not established in the UK.
Grant amount: Grants of between £300 and £10,000 are available for revenue and small capital projects. The total project costs must not exceed £50,000.
Application Process: Apply via a single-stage online form. They offer advice and support to applicants, and the whole process, from receipt of application to decision, will take no longer than six weeks.
Applications: submit at any time. www.sportengland.org/funding/our-different-funds/small-grants/
SPORT ENGLAND – COMMUNITY ASSET FUND
Aims/priorities: Grants are available for community organisations, sports clubs, statutory bodies and educational establishments to enhance local community spaces which encourage people to play sport and get active. The Community Asset Fund is provided and administered by Sport England as part of their continued investment in local infrastructure which gives people the opportunity to get active. The new funding programme aims to help Sport England achieve the following:
- Improve and protect existing sports facilities that support the needs of local communities
- Invest in new and different places that meet the needs of local communities, which include Sport England’s target audiences
- Ensure Sport England’s capital investment reaches organisations that have not accessed Sport England’s funding before
- Create a more resilient, sustainable, less grant dependent sport sector
Who can apply? Applications will be considered from any organisation with a great idea, including
- Community organisations and clubs
- Statutory bodies and educational
Grant amount: Three levels of funding are available:
- Small Scale Investments – Typically ranging between £1,000 and £15,000
- Medium Scale Investments – Typically ranging between £15,000 and 50,000
- Large Scale Investments – Typically ranging between £50,000 and £150,000
Application process: There is an online application form
Deadline: This is an open rolling programme and applications can be submitted at any time
Contact information: Tel: 03458 508508 Email: [email protected]
Website address: www.sportengland.org/funding/community-asset-fund/