Wigan Athletic Football Club are looking for an official charity partner for the 2019-20 campaign.
- Latics seeking to support new charity ahead of the 2019-20 Championship season
- Latics have previously worked with Wigan Youth Zone, Dias DVC, Prostate Cancer UK and The Brick
- Applications from national charities will be accepted and considered, albeit there is a preference to work with charities that impact our local area
Wigan Athletic are in search of a new charity partner for the 2019-20 season, after another positive campaign on and off the pitch in which more valuable funds and awareness were raised for The Brick.
Over the past few seasons, the club have worked with a number of prominent Wigan charities, including Wigan Youth Zone, The Brick, Dias DVC and Prostate Cancer UK (via Latics2Amsterdam) and now wish to support a new charity ahead of the upcoming season.
John Parker, Chair of Trustees at The Brick, spoke of the success of the partnership the club has had with The Brick over the last two seasons.
“On behalf of The Brick, I would like to say thank you to Wigan Athletic for the tremendous support the club has given the charity over the last two years.
“It has been a great honour to be Wigan Athletic’s nominated charity partner over this period.
“Over these last two years, The Brick has grown substantially and we are helping more people than ever, with more staff and volunteers. In this period, we have gained two major contracts with Wigan Council and being Wigan Athletic’s chosen Charity Partner was so useful in both bids.
“Furthermore, our association with Latics has given us a greater recognition in the Town which has resulted in us receiving greater financial support from the business community and the public.
“The wholehearted support for our major fundraising events, last October`s fantastic Gala and the two Stadium Sleepouts will always be part of our treasured memories.
“We owe a huge debt of gratitude to Wigan Athletic and their staff.”
Working alongside the club’s award-winning official charity, Wigan Athletic Community Trust, the benefits the charity can expect to receive are:
- Launch of partnership with manager and players at the training ground and match day presentation at a Wigan Athletic home fixture.
- Exclusive photo opportunities on request with Wigan Athletic players at the training ground.
- A designated home match for the charity to raise funds and the profile of its work.
- Features in the match day programme and on the club’s official website, with a permanent link from the website to the charity to promote its work.
- Chosen charity’s fundraising initiatives to be promoted by the club’s social media channels.
- Five signed items of club merchandise for fundraising purposes.
- Player appearances at promotional activities and events (subject to availability).
- Access to the DW Stadium conference room for one fundraising event/activity (event to be organised by the charity and subject to room availability).
- Bucket collections before two Wigan Athletic home fixtures during the 2019/20 season.
To apply to become Wigan Athletic’s Charity of the Season, please download the application form at the bottom of this page.
Applications should be made by an authorised representative of the charity and include full contact details, including charity registration number, and e-mailed to [email protected] by no later than 5pm on Tuesday 27th August 2019.
Throughout the season Wigan Athletic will continue to consider other specific smaller charitable requests made in writing to [email protected]. More information can be found by [clicking here]
Wigan Athletic Football Club, Wigan Athletic Community Trust and the DW Stadium are committed to respecting and promoting equality and diversity across all its activities through Together.
Click here for more information about Together.