Localgiving has teamed up with the Postcode Community Trust to provide over 400 grants of £500 to small charities and community groups. Thanks to support from the players of People’s Postcode Lottery, the Magic Little Grants Fund provides small charities and community groups the opportunity to access funding to deliver engaging physical activities, which help to overcome barriers to participation.
To benefit from funding, projects need to meet either of the following themes:
- Overcoming barriers to participation in physical activities in creative ways
- Increasing social cohesion through developing access to sports and other recreational activities
As part of the grant, organisations who are not currently members of Localgiving will also be awarded an annual Localgiving membership, worth £96, that will enable them to benefit from Localgiving’s online fundraising support and services.
In order to apply for the funding grant your organisation must meet the following criteria:
- Income – You must have an annual income under £50,000, priority will be given to organisations with an annual income under £20,000
- Physical activity projects – You must be running, or be planning on running a project that encourages individuals to take part in some form of physical activity to help improve their physical and mental health and well being
- Operating within Great Britain – Please note that organisations operating in Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply
How to apply
If you are a Localgiving member, log in to your account and click the Magic Little Grant button on your dashboard – it should only take 10 minutes to complete your application.
If you are not a Localgiving member you can find out about applying for the grant, here: http://grants.localgiving.org/pct
For further information and to apply, visit: https://localgiving.org/what-we-do/magic-little-grants/, or contact 0300 111 2340. Deadline: 31 October 2018