The meeting was held at
Wigan & Leigh Carers Centre, 3 – 5 Fredrick Street, Hindley, Wigan WN2 3BD
Thank you to The Carers Centre for the free use of their training room.
Barry Lyon; Annette Aiken; Danielle Eadie; Matt McQuillan; Liz Fisher; Alison Brown
- Kerry Thompson to circulate a list of new projects which are being funded from the DFC.
- The 3rd Thursday of every month there is a Dementia Friendly screening of a popular film, these session are very well attended.
- Buddy Scheme is up and running for to allow carers to attend health appointments and training, see Pat for further details.
- The Memory Walks at Haigh Hall and Leigh were very well supported with the largest number of people every attending.
- Guardian Angels – coffee mornings are very well attended with over 50 people attending. Guardian Angels have attended Rota Club Annual Conferences in Wales and Scarborough to showcase the vital work the organisation is doing.
- Please show your support for the Carers Centre by following them on Facebook and twitter.
- Please show your support for the DAA by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Please show your support for the Guardian Angels by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 10th December 2019 @ 2:00pm
Venue – TBC