The government cannot afford to overlook or undervalue the not-for-profit sector at the moment. As we navigate the worst impacts of the coronavirus outbreak, people across the country are relying on VCSE organisations, the essential support they provide and how they shape our society for the better. And we shall all continue to rely on their expertise and experience now, in acute crisis, and as we move on to the recovery effort that lies ahead.
To coincide with BBC’s Big Night In and following on from the #EveryDayCounts campaign, we want to celebrate and highlight the vital and amazing work that all charities do around the UK. We are asking you and your organisation to showcase the way you support and improve lives using the hashtag #NeverMoreNeeded in your social media.
Why are we doing this?
The charity sector has never more been in the public eye and we want to use this momentum to raise the public profile of the invaluable work charities do and why the public must continue to support it.
When are we doing this?
We are asking you to continue to use it over the coming weeks, to sustain the sector’s profile in the following weeks. Other key dates:
- • 2.6 challenge which starts on 26 April
- • Giving Tuesday on 5 May
What do I need to do?
- • Tell your story of why your organisation and charities are #NeverMoreNeeded
- • Please use pictures if you have them or the #NeverMoreNeeded graphic
- • Or use #NeverMoreNeeded in your existing social comms
- • Tone of voice: upbeat, emotive, engaging, and urgent
- These points are guides. You don’t have to use all channels – but the more you can, the more we can increase the reach of the campaign.