The One Stop’s ‘Carriers for Causes’ grants programme is funded through the money raised from the 5p bag charge in One Stop stores in England, Wales and Scotland. The funding is administered by Groundwork on behalf of One Stop.
Grants of up to £1,000 are available for projects that benefit local communities within two miles of a One Stop store in Great Britain.
Projects must meet at least one of the following outcomes:
- Improving the lives of young people
- Improving the lives of the elderly
- Promoting physical activity
- Improving health or well being
- Increasing community safety
- Protecting or improving the local environment
The funding can be spent on project costs as follows:
- 90% of the grant must be spent on direct delivery, by which is meant physical works and labour costs.
- 10% of the grant can be spent on indirect costs, by which is meant management, administration, evaluation, promotion, fundraising, and training.
Non-profit making organisations can apply as long as they are constituted and have a governing document.
This is a rolling programme, and applications will be accepted throughout the year