Grants are available to registered charities and non-profit organisations in Great Britain for projects that support education, environmental protection, arts, culture, heritage, science, poverty and disability relief, citizenship and community development.
The funding is intended for projects that address at least one of the following themes:
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of environmental protection.
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science.
- The prevention or relief of poverty and the relief of those in need by reason of disability or other disadvantage.
- The advancement of citizenship and community development.
Priority will be given to projects that address one or more of the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- No poverty.
- Good health and wellbeing.
- Quality education.
- Affordable and clean energy.
- Reduced inequalities.
- Sustainable cities and communities.
- Climate action.
- Life on land.
Applications are particularly welcomed that strongly address the following strategic priorities:
- Increasing the Foundation’s support to environmental programmes.
- Tackling disadvantage and promoting equal opportunities.
- Addressing fuel poverty and/or energy efficiency.