Wigan Athletic Trust have received some additional funding to expand their current offer to older adults who may be lonely or isolated. If you have someone in mind, you or the actual beneficiary can complete the attached referral form.
The project will allow Wigan Athletic to offer more of the following
- Phone calls to have light-hearted conversations about topics of interest and offer support
- Providing ‘goody bags’ with activities and things to do in there every month
- Going to a home to stand socially distant in the garden for some face-to-face interaction
- Having a socially distant walk with a member of staff for some light exercise and a conversation
- Having a socially distant walk with a small group (adhering to guidelines) to connect socially with others