The Community Safety Fund closes for applications on Sunday 13th February 2022
The Deal for Communities Recovery Fund – Thriving and Resilient Communities.
The first round of funding for 2022 will launch on Monday 14th February for six weeks, and decisions will only be made at the end of the six weeks. See below for more details
Tuesday 8th March 12-1pm at Wigan Town Hall – to book a place please email [email protected]
The Deal for Communities Recovery Fund – Thriving and Resilient Communities
The first round of funding for 2022 will launch on Monday 14th February for six weeks.
As we begin 2022 we want to continue to support our sector to thrive and grow, and we are proud to launch The Deal for Communities Recovery Fund – Thriving and Resilient Communities.
The fund will aim to improve community wellbeing by reducing isolation, developing and promoting community cohesion, building on community spirit and bringing communities together.
Applications that address inequality and inclusion will be scored highly.
This will be done by offering up to £2,000 of funding to grass roots organisations who are working in our neighbourhoods (within Wigan Borough).
What is it?
The fund will accept applications from voluntary and community organisations in Wigan Borough around the following themes;
- Creativity and originality
- Something new, innovative and inventive
- Collaboration – working together with other organisations, joint applications will be scored highly
- Projects that strengthen relationships between different generations
- Opportunities to bring people together in new ways, and in new or different places
- We want everyone to be involved – ideas that have a wide reach, that are engaging and involve people that are not already engaged
- Ideas that will develop something new in the community
- Offer more opportunities for people to come together
- Support people in the community to develop new skills and provide new volunteering opportunities
- Opportunities and ideas to promote inequality and inclusion
What we wont fund;
Trips and excursions
Religious or political activities
Mobile phones and contracts
Utility bills including insurance
Applications where planning permission hasn’t already been agreed (where applicable)
Projects that have already been funded or already been delivered
Project planning and consultant fees
Funding towards events is limited to £500
Who can apply?
- Community organisations based in Wigan Borough, particularly small community based local groups, that encourage community spirit, engage volunteers and who need some financial support.
- Joint applications will be scored highly – 2 or more groups/organisations coming together.
- Organisations who have a community bank account with 2 signatories (not at the same address). The account must be in the name of the community group
- Organisations with a constitution.
How much can l apply for?
You can apply for funds up to £2,000.
Please note – funding towards events is limited to £500.