An accelerator for ambitious social ventures wanting to scale their impact
Expressions of interest are now open for year 2 of ‘Thrive – Access to Employment’, an accelerator programme which provides intensive support to social ventures wanting to scale up quickly.
Thrive is for social ventures using business solutions to offer the most innovative ideas to improve access to employment for people distant from the labour market anywhere in the UK. That could be by providing training and support into employment, or through direct employment opportunities. Within this, UnLtd have a particular focus on two key areas:
1. Ventures supporting disabled people into employment, supported by Scope
2. Ventures improving access to employment in the East End of London, supported by UBS
N.B. The programme is not limited to these two areas. See the website for full programme criteria.
What UnLtd are offering
Each successful social venture will receive six months of intensive 1:1 bespoke business support alongside additional pro-bono support from a number of flagship partners, such as UBS, Herbert Smith and Hogan Lovells. The support is tailored, but is built around:
• Business planning, financial modelling and strategic advice
• Raising capital
• Developing routes to market
• Accessing specialist advice
• Developing governance and leadership
• Evidencing impact and refining your theory of change
UnLtd are also offering the opportunity to secure up to £50,000 of repayable capital if it is appropriate for your growth plans.
For further information and to apply, visit: www.unltd.org.uk/our-support/scaling-up/thrive/
Deadline for expressions of interest: 14 February 2019
application deadline 28 February 2019
courtesy of MACC EBulletin by michelle.foster