TfGM: Tackling loneliness with transport fund
Public and charity sectors are invited to apply for grants of up to £500,000 to pilot projects that aim to reduce loneliness through transport schemes.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on 28 January 2022.
Completed applications should be sent to [email protected].
The aims of the project that interested organisations need to meet to be eligible for funding are:
· to implement and deliver a range of effective, targeted pilot transport schemes for those at risk of loneliness
· to build an evidence base on transport and loneliness, particularly among vulnerable groups
· to demonstrate how new transport pilot schemes or a different approach using the existing transport network can trial new and innovative ways of tackling loneliness. Where applicable this may involve the continuation, adaptation or expansion of existing provision
· to fund a range of transport-related schemes that target lonely groups
There are a series of affected groups under the loneliness criteria:
· older people
· younger people (aged 16 to 24, including university students)
· people with long-term health problems
· Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
· LGBTQ+ people
· disabled people
DfT are, therefore, particularly interested in working with organisations whose transport-related pilots target these groups. For more information about the funding, application guidance and EOI forms, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tackling-loneliness-with-transport-fund.
Please share this opportunity across any of your relevant contacts and networks who may wish to apply.
Partnerships and Engagement Officer (People and Place)
Transport for Greater Manchester
2 Piccadilly Place, Manchester M1 3BG