In 2018 the Garfield Weston Foundation is 60 years old and to celebrate, they are launching a one-off grants scheme, the Weston Anniversary Fund. This Fund will provide Capital grants ranging from £30,000 to £150,000.
Throughout its history, the Garfield Weston Foundation has supported local charities across the UK and the essential work they do to keep communities connected. To celebrate the Foundation’s 60th anniversary and the vital role of community charities, they are launching a one-off grants scheme that will run exclusively in 2018.
The Garfield Weston Foundation recognises that communities need good facilities and the Weston Anniversary Fund will award grants to provide new, or to improve existing community facilities.
Weston Anniversary Fund outline:
- One-off grants scheme in 2018 to support Capital projects to benefit local communities across the UK
- Open to UK registered charities, places of worship and state schools only
- Grants range from £30,000-£150,000
- Simple online application process
- Applications open on 5 January 2018 and close on 30 June 2018
- You can still apply to the Fund even if your organisation is currently in receipt of a grant from, or has been rejected by, the Garfield Weston Foundation within the past 12 months
- One application only accepted to the Weston Anniversary Fund per organisation
- If relevant, planning permission must be secured prior to the closing date of the 30 June 2018
- Grants must be spent and projects completed by 31 December 2020
The Weston Anniversary Fund is open to the following organisations:
- UK Registered Charities working in the UK
- CIOs (Charitable Incorporated Organisations)
- Places of worship if the building is used for wider community activities
- State schools where the project has a clear benefit to the local community
The Weston Anniversary Fund is designed to fund Capital projects that will make a significant difference to local communities. Applications can be accepted for Capital projects only – by this we mean: permanent facilities e.g. buildings; items that require a sizeable investment e.g. minibus; improvements to outdoor spaces and facilities for sport and exercise or community use.
Applications will be considered for the following type of projects:
- New building or extension to an existing building for community use e.g. new kitchen, meeting room or storage facility
- Improvements to, or renovation or refurbishment of, an existing building such as installing a toilet and servery in a rural church for community use
- New fixed playground equipment, climbing walls or multiuse games area in a public playing field
- Purchase of large or expensive items if it is crucial to your work in supporting local people e.g. minibus for elderly day care, equipment for a training room, community café fit out etc.
- Purchase of land or property with a minimum of a 25 year lease with a clear community benefit
For further information and to apply, visit: https://anniversary.garfieldweston.org
Deadline: 30 June 2018