Grants are available for key infrastructure organisations in England that can demonstrate their ability to play a pivotal role in responding to rising youth unemployment but have had their finances impacted as a result of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
There is no minimum or maximum grant size.
Grants will be provided as required to meet funding shortfalls but will be for no more than 30% of the organisation’s annual income.
The Foundation expects to make approximately 15 to 20 infrastructure grants in 2020.
The Youth Futures Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organisation set up to help tackle youth unemployment, with a £90 million endowment from the Reclaim Fund. The Foundation is providing resilience funding for infrastructure organisations in response to the impact of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis on those organisations.
The aim of the scheme is to fund and evaluate infrastructure organisations that support the needs of frontline organisations across England that are delivering effective solutions to youth unemployment.
Organisations that need a decision by the end of:
- July should apply before midnight on 18 June 2020.
- September should apply before midnight on 31 July 2020.
Organisations that have an urgent funding need due to coronavirus/COVID-19 should apply by 18 June in order to access support more quickly.
Applications are accepted from infrastructure organisations that are registered charities or other not-for-profit, voluntary or community sector organisations, and:
- Have more than 20 organisations in their network, membership or movement.
- Have been operating for at least three years.
- Have had their finances impacted as a result of the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
The following are eligible for funding:
- National infrastructure bodies that strengthen the youth and/or employment sector across England for all young people.
- National or regional infrastructure bodies that strengthen the youth and/or employment sector specifically for young people from Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds, including those of Gypsy, Roma & Traveller Heritage